Monday, September 6, 2010

The First Day of School

Christian is in 4th grade and goes to the middle school now. It is so different having kids in two schools! He got Mrs. Anderson for his teacher and seems to really like her.


JR is in 3rd grade. He has Mrs. Purdy and so far is enjoying her class. He loves the prizes they can earn for being good and getting their work done!


Sammy started Kindergarten this year! She is growing up too fast! She got Mrs. Davis, who is absolutely wonderful! But we are very sad because she was diagnosed with Breast Cancer for the second time :( and is going to be gone a lot during the first few months for treatment. We hope that everything goes well for her!

Sammy's first assignment was to have me help her decorate a paper doll to resemble her. I think it turned out adorable!


The boys don't exactly care about having their pictures taken so I was only able to get one of them. Sammy, on the other hand, totally eats it up! She kept begging me to take more! So, here are a few from her impromptu Back-to-School fashion shoot.


6 comments:

Snap said...

Is Mrs. Davis the old Miss Frank who married Mr. Davis the 4th grade teacher?

Christy said...

Yes she is! Mr. Davis was my 4th grade teacher. He just retired last year and is now volunteering as the PE teacher at the middle school because they didn't have enough funding for one. What a great guy! I hope that they can get through this...

Jessica said...

Sammy is a gorgeous little girl!

Snap said...

Wow, he was my teacher too. I heard they had a few kids, is that right? Bummer about the cancer thing.

CamilleJohnFam said...

Sammy is adorable! I can see "Christy" in her in some of the pictures! Is it strange to only have 1 home?

Christy said...

It is definitely different, Cami! Sammy goes in the afternoon and Brendan takes a nap. So, I've been able to get a few things done around the house. It's great!